Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cleaning a Mattress


Name: Cleaning a Mattress
Time: <15 min
Money: $
Project Planner: Kristin

Well, we are finally starting to decorate our master bedroom and I am so excited!  We started by purchasing new bed linens and so I decided to freshen up the mattress before putting on the new sheets.  I've seen this idea all over Pinterest so I'm not going to cite a specific project.  

I started by stripping all the old linens off of the bed.  Like so.  


I grabbed a box of baking soda and added in some grapefruit essential oil.  Smelled delicious!  I sprinkled it all over the mattress and let it sit for 10 minutes.  

I then pulled out the vacuum and discovered this handy extension tool.


It worked awesome and sucked up all the baking soda like a pro.  I can't really tell if this technique "worked" because our mattress did not have a smell or anything beforehand, but- in my head- it feels cleaner!  

I put the new linens back on the bed and we are continuing on with decorating our bedroom.


Did you notice that the wall color changed?  We painted it the same day as this project so I snapped a picture of the linens with their matching grey rather than the old tan walls.  Also, don't pay attention to the boxes (yes, boxes!) that we are using for a nightstand right now.  Just taking the time to find the perfect tables!  

Hope this inspires you to try out the project!  It was fun and easy!

Have a great day!
Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment