Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tx3 (on a Sunday)

Hello.  Back for a very late Terrible Task Thursday (Tx3).  I'm happy to tell you that I successfully completed a task that I have been putting off since October.  Yes, that would be five months of serious procrastination.

Back in October, in a moment of clouded and misguided excitement, my husband and I decided that we were going to make a bookshelf out of wood and cement pavers.  It was a horrible decision and we regretted it as soon as we started to move the heavy pavers into our upstairs office.  Besides the fact that it was really expensive (we know nothing about wood and bought the most expensive type), it wasn't large enough and looked crummy.

So the project was deemed a failure, but I put off returning the pavers because the thought of carrying them all back downstairs made my want to weep.  Then Tx3 was created and was just the motivation that I needed to return those suckers!

Here is the empty shelf in all of its too small glory.


First step was moving the pavers to the top of the stairs.  Our puppy, Joey, supervised.


This pile looks so small.  Please believe me that they were heavy and hard to hold.  I could only carry three at a time, so I bribed myself with one M&M each time I walked through the kitchen.  Totally worked.

And here is the final picture... all loaded up on the Home Depot cart in the parking lot.  Beautiful.


I'm so thankful (and surprised!) that HD took these pavers back.  I was totally ready to tell the cashier that I wanted to make a donation to the store if they wouldn't take them!  And then run... :-)

I'm so excited this is done and am now brainstorming different Pinterest ideas for the wood boards.  Do you have any ideas?  Any errands that you have been putting off?  Please share!

See you on Wednesday!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment