Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tx3

Welcome back to Tx3 or Terrible Task Thursday!  Today's task was actually not that terrible, but qualifies as a Tx3 because I had been putting it off for quite awhile.  This Tx3 series makes me sound like such a procrastinator!  Generally, I wouldn't use that label to describe myself, but I may need to rethink that!  :-)

Anyway, months ago the hubby kicked the dog food out of the kitchen.  It was taking up an entire lower cabinet and he politely informed me that priority went to the pots and pans.  This kind of threw me for a bit so the food bin ended up against the wall in the kitchen for longer than I care to admit.  Not a great look.

I kept trying to figure out a new space for the bin in the kitchen.  There was no space.  I then realized that it would need to be moved outside of the kitchen.  Having an actual place to store the food was just going to have to trump the convenience of it being a few feet away from the dog dishes.  New solution: the closet under the stairs in the living room.


We store cleaning tools on the wall to the right and holiday decoration in the space to the left.  I decided that moving the dog food in would be a great use of space as we rarely use the decorations and would still be able to grab the cleaning tools.


Don't worry, as we continue to blog, I'm bound to get better at taking pictures.  Not sure why I didn't take a close up!  Anyway, I re-assigned a bin from Target that I had been using in a different closet in order to make this new arrangement even more functional.  The food bin is on the top and treats, rawhides, and extra food is housed inside the bin.  

The best part?


No more food bins sitting out in the kitchen!  Mission accomplished!  I think this is going to work great and feel silly that I didn't think of it earlier.  

Anything bothering you around your house that just needs some brain power?  I think it is so funny that I let myself be irritated by something for so long only to completely eliminate the annoyance after spending five minutes thinking of a new solution.  

I hope this Tx3 series challenges you to implement changes to make your own home more even functional!

Later!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment